Okay, so I have a real passion for home cooked food, none of this minimalist fancy stuff but good old fashioned cooking! My Gran owned a restaurant and taught cookery classes, my oldest brother was a head chef and my parents believed in home cooking! What else was going to happen?! So anyway my brother came to stay with me once and cooked me the most amazing meal, when I asked for the recipe he refused, told me that everything had been in my kitchen cupboards and fridge and to look and taste, play about and figure it out for myself; he told me that is how great recipes are found, so I started to play with stuff and I've never looked back!
There is one more thing before you go on browsing through, I don't generally use exact measures when cooking other than batters, cakes and pastries, etc. most of my recipes can be manipulated and played with to suite your own tastes. Have fun. Happy cooking!
(Please bear with me whilst I get this blog established properly, but I hope to cover the basics, all the way up through to some of my favourite recipes for special occasions and eventually upload pictures for them all. They all have one thing in common, they have been tried ans tested in my home kitchen.)

Tuesday 2 March 2010

Tasty Quarter Pounders

(Makes 4) Prep 10 minutes, Cooking 15 minutes

1 lb (900g) Lean Beef Mince or Beef Steak Mince
1/2 tsp Marmite
1/2 tsp English Mustard
1/2 tsp Good Quality Horseradish Sauce
1 tsp Wholegrain Mustard
1 tsp Dried Basil
Splash Worcestershire Sauce
Pinch of Salt
Ground Black Pepper
4 Burger Baps (plain or seeded)
Lettuce, 2 Tomatoes thinly sliced, Cheese slices, Onions, Gherkins(pickles) and sauces if desired.

1. Place into a small bowl the Marmite, Mustard, Horseradish, Wholegrain Mustard, and Worcestershire Sauce, then stir till well mixed. Add basil, salt and pepper then again mix thoroughly.

2. In a larger bowl place the mince, then knead with your hands. Add the seasoning mix and mix thoroughly using your hands until it is mixed through evenly.

3. Split the mix into 4 balls. Then flatten and shape to form 4 burger patties.

4. Brush griddle pan preferably, although a frying pan will do, with sunflower or vegetable oil and heat on a medium/high flame. Sear the burgers on both sides to get those nice ridges of the griddle pan, then turn heat down to a medium heat and cook for 10 - 12 minutes, turning occasionally.

5. Whilst the burgers are finishing off, cut Burger Buns through the centre. Lightly toast insides of buns for best results under grill.

6. To ensure cooked thoroughly stab a metal skewer or small knife into the centre then tap against the back of your hand, it should be piping hot.

7. On top of the base of the bun top with lettuce, and tomatoes if using, now place burger on top, then add cheese, onions, pickle and sauces as desired.

This recipe has been played with over the past 5 -6 years and this is my favourite to date, try some of your own seasoning ideas. I've done tomato and garlic, mustard and chives to name just two, you could try adding some chilli flakes for a spicy burger. It's easy to play around with and they are guaranteed to be the best burgers you'll ever eat! You can use any cheese you like, try varying that as well and come up with your own combos!
(Don't worry if you don't like any of the seasoning items like Marmite, I hate Marmite, but it is great with beef, it really enhances the meat. Give it a go!)

1 comment:

  1. I'm 15 years old. I was born with HIV my mother passed away because of the HIV infection And I regret why i never met Dr Itua he could have cured my mum for me because as a single mother it was very hard for my mother I came across Dr itua healing words online about how he cure different disease in different races diseases like HIV/Aids Herpes,Parkison,Asthma,Copd,Epilepsy,Shingles,Cold Sore,Infertility, Chronic Fatigues Syndrome,Fibromyalgia,Love Spell,Prostate Cancer,Lung Cancer,Glaucoma., Cataracts,Macular degeneration,Cardiovascular disease,Lung disease.Enlarged prostate,Osteoporosis.Alzheimer's disease,
    Dementia.,Tach Disease,Breast Cancer,Blood Cancer,Colo-Rectal Cancer,Love Spell,Ataxia,Arthritis,Amyotrophic Lateral Scoliosis,Fibromyalgia,Fluoroquinolone Toxicity
    Syndrome Fibrodysplasia Ossificans ProgresSclerosis,Weak Erection,Breast Enlargment,Penis Enlargment,Hpv,measles, tetanus, whooping cough, tuberculosis, polio and diphtheria)Diabetes Hepatitis even Cancer I was so excited but frighten at same time because I haven't come across such thing article online then I contacted Dr Itua on Mail drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com/ . I also chat with him on what's app +2348149277967 he tells me how it works then I tell him I want to proceed I paid him so swiftly Colorado post office I receive my herbal medicine within 4/5 working days he gave me guild lines to follow and here am I living healthy again can imagine how god use men to manifest his works am I writing in all articles online to spread the god work of Dr Itua Herbal Medicine,He's a Great Man.

    ReplyDelete

About Me

I live in a busy seaside town nestled in the countryside, I believe in using local produce as much as possible, it's often cheaper and always better quality than the supermarkets. Look round your town, the butchers, greengrocers and local markets and see what gems you can find!